It feels weird not to be rushing off to bed at 7:00...but here I sit, nearly two hours later, still up. Knowing I don't have to get up before the sun tomorrow morning. I was thinking I'd get up and go to Batesville, to the Lowe's and to Hobby Lobby. I've been saying that for ages, I know, but maybe this time, I'll actually make it.
I was wanting to look for a harvest basket so I don't have to use Cody's old Easter basket. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I wanted one I could fold the handles down out of the way. My friend Marcy had suggested one from Fiskar's but apparently it's no longer being made.
I looked on Amazon and the cheapest I found it was $72. Nope, not going to happen.
So, I found a similar basket and ordered it, but it never arrived. It was shipped by a carrier I'd never heard of -- Jcex-- and had no tracking number or any other information. I got a notification that it had been delivered July 22, but it hadn't, and there was no delivery confirmation photo. I went to Amazon customer service and got the message that sometimes packages are marked delivered before they are delivered and I should give it a few more days.
Um...what? Why would you mark it delivered when it hadn't been delivered? I went to leave the seller feedback and saw that I wasn't alone in this.
Funny how Amazon left the little note that the fulfillment issues were not due to the seller. Well, then, just what exactly are they due to? When you have five total ratings and every single one says the same thing, then yes, the problem is with the seller. Even if the shipper was unreliable, then the seller should find another shipper. At least I managed to get my money back...
Anyway, I found the Fiskar's basket online in several places, but they were pretty expensive. I saw some on Ebay going for $100. Even the ones that were less expensive, they wanted like $25 for shipping. Heck, I found one on the Ace Hardware website, but they wanted $45 to ship it! Again, not happening.
I finally found one on a site called Zoro, and they were only asking $5.99 shipping. The basket was $33, so I went ahead and ordered it. So much for cutting back on spending, huh? But if I'm going to garden, I need a proper gardening basket. Don't I?
In other news, I did a little research on why my dryer keeps tripping the circuit breaker. I went to an appliance parts website and they had a diagnostic guide thing. The first thing they suggested was to get the breaker itself checked, because it may be weak or old. Now I guess I have to find an electrician to come out to check --and maybe replace -- my circuit breaker.
Great, another phone call I'll likely never make...
And finally, I had a visitor in the house this evening.
I tried to shoo it back out the door, but it went under my cabinet. I hope it found its way outside.
At least now I know what the cat has been chasing.



No comments:
Post a Comment