Wednesday, May 08, 2024

Egg On My Face

 So, there I was laying in bed last night, wondering where I needed to go to give up on life and spend the rest of my days huddled in a corner frantically knitting and occasionally muttering hysterically about lawnmowers and weedeaters, when suddenly I remembered I had a roll of paracord in my bug out bag. 


That ought to work to replace the pull cord, right?  

I was intending to come home and try to replace said pull cord with the help of some YouTube videos, but instead I got a surprise in my car port.


My order from Burpee arrived!  I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow, so that was exciting. 

I got the plants unpacked and put them onto the front porch to begin hardening them off.  


I didn't have enough spots in my raised beds for all three, but Burpee had a bundle thing where if you order three plants, they give you a discount, so I did.  As it happens, my purple basil isn't looking too well.   

According to the care tips I looked up, I may be overwatering it, so I moved it into a pot by itself and I'm going to cut back on the water and see if it perks up.  I moved it to the front porch so it can get plenty of sunlight but still be protected from the rain.  

All that to say, I now have three spots in my raised beds, so that works out well.  

Except that I want another raised bed...

In other news, we are almost to go on this sunflower.

I never would have thought I'd enjoy these flowers as much as I do.  I'm so glad my nephew -- or more likely his bride-- thought to give seeds out at their wedding. 

As I was out there in the front yard tying them up, because they've grown so fast they've outgrown the ties I already have,  a man just happened to drive by with a lawnmower on a trailer.  I thought he was going to keep on going, but he stopped, backed up and asked, "Do you have someone to cut your grass?"

I told him that normally I do it myself, but my lawnmower is broken, so yes, you can cut my grass for me.  We negotiated a price and within 15 minutes, my front and side yards were cut!  Turns out, his aunt lives up the road, and he cuts her grass.  He'd just finished doing her yard, when he decided to stop and see if he could do mine. 

And here I'd had a post all ready to write up griping that prayers don't get my grass cut, and how overwhelmed I'd been feeling lately, and "I could really use some of that rest you said you'd give" and what does He do?  

He sends someone to do exactly the thing I needed most at the moment, and here I am with egg on my face once again.  

You'd think I'd have learned by now, but nooooo.  I have to learn the hard way.  Over and over and over, apparently.  

And finally, I took a break from Shakespeare to re-read an old childhood favorite, King Of The Wind, by Marguerite Henry. 

I loved all of her books as a child, so this was a pleasant trip down memory lane.  Now, I'm right back on Shakespeare.  The Merry Wives Of Windsor, specifically.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get myself some supper and a hot shower. 

Laters.

No comments: