Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Thrilled

I'm absolutely thrilled, y'all.  I went in early this morning for my health screening for insurance. We've done this for years, and every year my cholesterol and triglycerides are high.  The last couple of years, they've been in the upper 200 range.  Each.  The only thing that has saved me is that my HDL is usually high. 

Well, this morning, when she read me my numbers, I could have done a happy dance.  My total cholesterol is still high, but my triglycerides are down to 170!  Yeah, it's above optimal, but much better than last year's 295.  My LDL was also down to 182, from over 200 last year.  I'm thinking it's because about a month ago, I started drinking almond milk.  I still drink regular milk, but I'm drinking at least a cup of almond milk per day.  I'm also thinking about investing in a home cholesterol monitor, just so I can keep a check on it.  If I can get it down through diet and exercise, maybe I can avoid having to go on medication for it.  Of course, I have to get off my lazy butt and exercise...

Speaking of medication, my blood pressure is also holding steady at 110/80.  High blood pressure runs in my family, so I'm also thrilled with those numbers, as well. 

As if that weren't excitement enough for the day, my new Christmas music book arrived.


I didn't even wait to change out of my work clothes before I started playing songs from it.  There are a couple more level 1 books I want to get, then I'll be done for a while.  For real, this time. 

Heh, I have one friend who says if the books bring me joy, then buy them all, and another who wants to stage an intervention.  The books bring me joy.  My checking account, not so much.  I'm thinking about starting a GoFundMe for my piano books.

Or just publishing my wish list.  Think people will go for it? 

No comments: