Thursday, September 28, 2023

I Won!

 I won!  I won!

And just what did I win?  I'll tell you...

See, this weekend is Fiber Fun In The 'Sip, and all week long, they've been posting those like this post and tag a friend things.  Those who did so were entered into a random drawing for a vendor voucher to be spent at the fiber festival.   If you won, you get a $30 voucher to that particular vendor, and the person you tag gets a $10 gift certificate that can be spent at any booth. 

Well, my dear, dear friend Christi tagged me in several of those things, and we won!


Woo Hoo!  I gots money to spend!  And thanks to Christi for tagging me!

I'm so excited because Leann is going to try to come, too!  She didn't get to come last year, I I haven't seen her since before the pandemic started.  The last time we got together was at the thing in Oxford, in January of 2020.  

In other news, it's amazing how good you feel after a good night sleep, and I finally got one last night.  Despite waking up several times, I slept really well.  I think I'm going to stop taking the melatonin, because it doesn't seem to make a difference. I don't even take it on the weekends, and I sleep just as well -- or as poorly -- as I do on the weekdays. 

Some time ago, I bought some lavender and chamomile balm that really works, but a) it's expensive as heck, and 2) it appears they've stopped making it.  It was Vicks, and I've searched all over the internet and can't find it anywhere.  This is one reason I'd tried to grow my own lavender.  I was going to try to make my own using a coconut oil base.  Alas, my lavender died.  I've got just a little bit that I cut and dried before the plant died completely, I just need to figure out what to do with the stuff. 

I might see if I can get an essential oil diffuser and put that into my bedroom.  I'll look tomorrow when I go into town. 

In other other news, I think putting that trough out behind the fence was one of the best things I've done in a long time.  Today I looked out there and saw a blue jay drinking out of it. I want to get a regular bird bath, but at this point, I'll probably just wait until Spring. 

And finally, I just realized that since I have my Hulu Live back, I can finish watching Dino Hunters!  With that, I'm outta here!

Laters...

No comments: