Sunday, April 30, 2023

My Attempt At A Vlog

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day.  Sunny and warm, but not too hot, and a good breeze blowing to boot.  It was a good day to put my raised bed outside, and that's exactly what I did. 


As you can see, I ended up putting in inside the fence anyway, and as you can also see, my first plant is pussy willows.  Heh...I'll see myself out...

No, but seriously, my biggest concern in putting it inside the fence was getting it far enough way from the eave of the house that the runoff from the rain won't pound my plants into mush.  If you look carefully, you can see the slight trench said runoff has dug into the ground.  I've marked it with a flag to make it easier to see. 

I'm hoping the planter is far enough away that it won't interfere with anything planted in it. 

Once I got it situated and leveled -- yes, I really did get my level out and check it -- I filled it up with my garden soil and we are off to the races. 


No, your eyes aren't deceiving you.  That dirt is two different colors.  I'd bought two bags of Expert Gardener brand, and it wasn't quite enough to fill the whole bed, so I topped it off with a little bit of Miracle Gro that I had laying around.  I'm not sure if it's so much darker because it was wet or what, but it is what it is, and what it is is dirt. 

The first two things I planted in it are a couple of wild onions and some wood sorrel. 


My wood sorrel isn't looking too good.  I'm hoping it's just a bit of transplant shock, and it'll perk up after a day or two.  I'm not too worried about the onions, as they'll probably get eaten before too much longer anyway.    

As you can see, I've got lots of room left for other herbs and such. 


I'm leaning towards rosemary, lavender, and thyme.  But nothing is set in stone just yet.  Heck, I might even plant some flowers in it -- edible ones, of course.  Or maybe even some vegetables.  I don't know, but you'll be here with me every step of the way. 

And finally, here is another attempt at doing a vlog.  It's just raw video, as I don't have any editing software, and probably wouldn't know how to use it if I did.  Kindly ignore the quiet parts.  I forgot I was supposed to be speaking. 



Let me know what you think, and if you want to see more stuff like this, or even if you don't.  Feedback and constructive criticism is always welcome. 


No comments: