Friday, January 27, 2023

Blazing Trails

 I've always enjoyed taking long walks in the woods, so this evening, I had the brilliant idea that I would cut some walking trails in the woods behind my house.  

Whee doggies, blazing trails is hard work!  Mad props to our pioneer ancestors, who were definitely built of tougher stuff than I am. 

I didn't get very far at all, so I didn't get my steps for the day in, but I definitely got exercise.  I don't remember the last time I worked that hard.  Maybe I'll just drive to the lake after all...

Except that I won't.   That would require leaving the house.  Say, I've got an idea!  I'll knit instead!

And that's what I did.  I came in and cast on a hat in my new yarn


and drank some hot chocolate.  And watched a documentary on Jane Austen.

Don't envy me my exciting life. 

Meanwhile, I'm still making progress on the first hat I'd cast on.  


I mean, the first of this pattern, not the first hat ever. 

In other news, I'm thinking about signing up for another one of those Yes.Fit virtual races that I used to do.  Maybe that will motivate me to keep up with my walking.  

Wish me luck.  

And with that, I'm out of here.  I've got hats to knit.  

Laters. 

No comments: