Monday, August 03, 2020

All Your Boss Are Belong To Us

Word is we had 6 -- yes 6 -- new COVID diagnoses out at the plant today.  Six!  I know who two of them are.  Of course, I can't give you their names due to privacy issues, but let's just say by the time the dust settled, both production managers and four supervisors had been put into quarantine -- plus a fifth who had been in quarantine for a while now.  

All your boss are belong to us!

We employees were all wandering around helplessly wondering who in the world is going to run the plant...I guess the only supervisor left standing --the retired Navy chief -- will be doing it by himself.  Eh, he's a chief.  He can handle it. 

As if that weren't enough, three out of the four sub-brazing kitters have been quarantined.  For those of you not up on the plant vernacular, a kitter is the person who gathers all the copper components for an order out of the rack and assembles them in a kit for us to braze.  Basically, they're parts stagers.  Not that it matters, but it's going to be rough on our one remaining kitter for a while.   Today, their group leader was actually pulling parts because they were so strapped.  

It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks.  

And to think, before this all happened, the most exciting thing I was going to tell you was we were down for two hours this morning because someone had somehow managed to cut the oxygen line.  

And that when I first got there, a coworker called me over and said, "God is good, isn't he?" gesturing to Stalker's empty stand.  "He sure is!"  I replied.

After all that...I got home and found a box of vegetables outside my car port door. 


There were all kinds of vegetables in there -- baby carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, lettuce, and tomatoes.  I wasn't sure what that was all about, since I hadn't ordered any vegetables.  I thought maybe someone had sent me a gift, but anyone who knows me knows I don't eat vegetables.  Except those tomatoes.  I'll for sure eat them, on a sandwich.  Which I haven't had one all year, since we've worked every Saturday and I haven't been able to go to the Farmer's Market.

My next I thought maybe they had been delivered to the wrong address, but I couldn't tell since there was no packing slip, or order form, or anything.  The name and phone number of the company was on the side of the box, so I looked them up on Facebook. 


They were already closed for the day, so I left a message.  Maybe they'll get back to me, and the mystery will be solved.  Until I hear from them, though, the 'mater sandwich will have to wait. 



I finished another hat for my friend's charity project.  


Yeah, it's going to be a minute before I knit another black hat.  Oh, it isn't that hard, but isn't too pleasant on the eyes. 

And finally, a bit of sad news.  My dear friend from college, Karen Berry, lost her life yesterday to COVID - 19.  I took this picture of her back in our Hardin - Simmons University days.  It's always been a favorite of mine.  


It's so hard to believe she's gone, because it was just a couple of days ago she was commenting on my posts.  I'm still in shock.  

I'm really starting to hate this disease.  
















No comments: