Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Well, How About That!

There I was at work, just a working away, when one of my coworkers called across to me and said, "Becky, you know they put Stalker on the line?"  

"Yeah, we were talking about that yesterday," I replied, indicating another coworker.  We chatted about hin for a few moments, and she thinks he'll quit, because as she said, "he don't want to work."  He just wants to stand over everyone trying so hard to be important.  

Is it wrong that I wanted to go find him and just laugh at him?  Yeah, probably.  I didn't do it, though, but not because I was good.  Rather, because he wasn't there today.  Word from the back of the plant is that he's has gone to get himself a lawyer.  I don't know what he thinks he's going to do with a lawyer, but by golly, he's going to get one.  

Maybe he thinks he can force them to give him his old job back.  I don't see how, because the position was eliminated when they ended the brazing training program.  He ought to be glad they didn't lay him off completely.  Or maybe he thinks they can give him old pay grade back.  That isn't going to hold water either, especially since the CEO of the company also took a huge pay cut.  It's not like they are singling Stalker out.  

My coworker said, "If they give him his job back, then we all ought to get lawyers ourselves, because he was harassing the @*$^ out of us!"  I can't wait to see how it all plays out.  We haven't had this much drama in ages.  

In weather news, we have our third named storm of the season, and it's only June 3.  I guess they were wright when they said it would be an active season.  

No photo description available.

From the models, it looks like I am in the cone as of now, but some are suggesting it might track West.  Either way, I didn't want to get caught out again, like I did in the Easter storms, so I decided to go ahead and get myself a camp stove, just in case.  At least if the power goes out, I can cook something hot.  I got mighty tired of eating Vienna Sausages and peanut butter sandwiches for four days. 

I was going to go to Walmart and get one yesterday after work.  All day long, I said to myself, "Self, after work, go on to Walmart and get yourself that there camp stove."  Even leaving the parking lot, I was still saying to myself, "Go to Walmart and get that stove."  But when it came time to turn towards Walmart, I turned towards home instead.

And ordered one from Amazon.  It should be here Monday.  

Oh, are we still quarantining, or have we moved on to something else now?  I can't tell...

No comments: