Saturday, June 13, 2020

Random Thoughts Of A Saturday Evening

1.  Schadenfreude is defined as enjoyment or pleasure derived at the misfortunes of others.  I experienced a bit of schadenfreude yesterday when Stalker messed up an order.  And I mean, he messed it up bad.  So bad, I wondered how he even did it.  Of the six adapter tubes the assembly required, he'd put five of them in the wrong place.  I'd like to know how he even crammed it into the jig.  It would have been tough. 

2.  I finished another Yes.Fit race.  This one was the armed forces plus the Coast Guard, so naturally I had to get it. 


It even came with a mini dog-tag.  


3.  I also paid a little extra to get the challenge coin, because I wanted both the coin and the medal.  


When you sign up for a race, the entry fee gets you one reward per race -- usually your choice of a medal or t-shirt, but can get a second one if you pay a little extra.  I haven't ever gotten a t-shirt, because I don't have room in my drawer for all the ones I already have.  

4.  Another friend sent me some different style of face masks.  


I'm hoping these might be a little softer than the disposable ones they're handing out at work.  The ear loops are tied, not sewn in, so I can adjust the fit.  Either way, I'll be glad when it's all over and I can take the dumb things off and breathe again.

4.  I finally made it to Tractor Supply to get some deer corn for my squirrel feeders.  I've been meaning to go for a few weeks now, but you know me.  I end up just going home instead.  First thing this morning, I told my coworker, "I'm going to Tractor Supply after work today.  I'm telling you this, because now that I've said it out loud, I have to do it."  After work, I started to just go on home, but I told myself, "No!  I told Vanessa I was going to Tractor Supply, so I'm going to Tractor Supply!"  By golly.  

5.  They have veteran parking at Tractor Supply.  I didn't park there.  It kind of feels like cheating, because I was only in for 5 years. 


6.  They also have chicks at Tractor Supply.  I was good and didn't get any.  I wanted them, though. 


7.  Stalker is going around telling everyone they've offered him his old job back, but he turned it down.  Of course, everyone is just laughing at him.  We all know how much he lies about everything.  I think he said that because he messed up that order and had to try to make him self look good.  

8.  I firmly believe we are in the Weak Men Make Hard Times arc of the cycle.  Buckle up.  It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. 


9.  They also had ducklings at Tractor Supply.  


I wanted a duck so badly, but what would I do with one?  Of course, I'm from the swamp, so my first thought was that even if I put in a pond, the alligators would get them. 

10.  I think the first thing I'm going to buy when I get caught up on my bills is a good DSLR.  I miss being able to take quality photos.  I'm kind of leaning towards a Pentax, because I already have a macro/zoom lens.  I've heard the lenses for the old film cameras also fit onto the DSLRs.  

11.  We've had three more cases of COVID at the plant.  Well, two at the plant, and one at an off-site warehouse.  One of them, her daughter works over there with us.  They quarantined the daughter, but nobody else.  I guess they're not so worried about it spreading any more.  

12.  I went swimming with an alligator once.  If I had known he was there before I got into the water, I wouldn't have.  He was about an 8 or 9 footer.  This was a long time ago, and he was in my Uncle's pond.  James knew a guy with some alligator tags, so he brought him out there, but they never caught the alligator.  I never saw him again, either, so I guess he moved on.  

13.  One of the nicknames I've given to my imaginary boyfriend is Gator-Bait.  It's a term of endearment.  For real.  At least when I use it it is, although several years ago, I told an old stalker of mine, "Don't test me!  All I've got to do is give the word, and they'll be picking your DNA out of alligator poop for the next ten years!"  

14.  Well, I've successfully wasted enough time that it's too dark to mow.  And I'm hungry.  I guess that'll be it for now.  


No comments: