Thursday, April 18, 2024

Salad

Well, I came home to find cosmos #3 has become something's salad.  I don't know what's eating them, but I sure wish it would stop.  

I went ahead and took the cloches off, then sprayed them down again with my dishwashing liquid bug spray, and added one more weapon to my arsenal -- crushed egg shells.  

I've read that they can be a deterrent to slugs because they don't like the sharp edges and will not crawl over them.  


If this doesn't work, I don't know what else I'll do.  The slugs are why I stopped trying to grow marigolds, after all.  They kept eating them.   Shame, because I love marigolds.  

In work news, they've put up a sign up list for people to request a transfer to second shift.  I was seriously tempted for a moment to sign up, if for no other reason than to get away from my stalker.  But with my luck, he'd suddenly decide he needed to work late every day.  Sigh...

There are advantages to working second shift, though.  One is that I could get out and work in my yard in the cool of the morning, instead of the heat of midday.  Another is that I won't have to get up at 2:30 AM.  

And of course, there are fewer bosses on second shift, and fewer rules.  I won't have to use my purge gas.  I can pick and choose the easy orders to braze and not even have to worry that it's wayyyyy down in the schedule.  And I can play on my phone all day, wear earbuds, not wear my PPE correctly, and never have to clean up after myself.  

The downside is feeling like I have to watch the clock all day...waiting until time to get ready for work.  

Nah, I think I'll stay on day shift.

No comments: