Thursday, April 25, 2024

I’ll Have My Crown Now

Did you ever watch the movie Dances With Wolves?  Do you remember the koo koo bird Major who assigned that post on the frontier to John Dunbar?  And how he flipped out and stood there demanding his crown?

Well, I'll have my crown now.

Yep, my long awaited dental appointment was this afternoon.  My dentist was a bit concerned at first, because the filling was pretty large and it had been replaced at least once.  What can I say?  I was cursed with soft teeth. 

The dentist was concerned that the cavity was so deep that we'd get into the nerve and I'd end up having to have a root canal.  But after getting the old filling out and my tooth all cleaned out, he took an X-Ray and said, "We're close to the  nerve, but not there yet, so we're going to go with our original plan of putting a crown on it."  He cautioned me to be aware that the tooth could still abscess and I might need a root canal anyway, and I said, "We'll deal with that when it happens."  

We got the tooth prepped and impressions taken, and he seriously pumped me full of whatever it was he uses to numb teeth, because my appointment was at 1:00 and it was after 5:00 PM before it all wore off.  

I'd planned on stopping by Walmart on the way home and buying soil for my new planter, which arrived while I was at the dentist, but after laying on my head for all that time, I was pretty wobbly for a while, so I decided to  just skip it for today.  I'll probably be tomorrow or even Saturday before I get the thing put together anyway. 

My supervisor is ready to oversee the project.   


Oh, and I forgot to mention, I finished reading Shakespeare's The Merchant Of Venice, and am now reading The Merry Wives Of Windsor.  Sometime this weekend, I'll find a production of The Merchant Of Venice on YouTube and watch it.  

Speaking of watching, I found a good miniseries on Prime called To The Ends Of The Earth, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Sam Neill, and a whole host of other British actors I recognize but couldn't name to save my life.  It's based on the Trilogy of the same name written by William Golding.  If you have Prime, it's worth watching. 

And finally, here's a little humor for the day. 

You'd think...huh?  

No comments: