Wednesday, July 20, 2022

WIP Wednesday

But first, we are starting on week three of an open MTO on this sink.  


Want to start a pool on how long it takes for them to actually get around to fixing it?  Hey Dude!  If you're reading this, how long does an MTO have to stay open before it starts to get noticed?  Seriously, I grew up in a swamp, and this is revolting to me.  

All right, on to the main event...

My knitting mojo has been MIA here lately.  I don't know where it's run off to, but I do know it's not hiding under the couch.  It got so bad, I even dragged this old scarf out and worked a few rows on it.


I think I have a partially knit sock around here somewhere, too, and a half finished Garden Party Shawl that I just don't feel motivated to work on...but I did cast on -- yes, another hat.


This time I used a 72 stitch cast on, but it didn't stripe up any better than the 80 stitch cast on.   It looks like I will probably have enough yarn to knit one more youth/child size hat, and maybe even make some pompoms for them.  If I can find my pompom making things, that is. 

Speaking of knitting the class schedule for Fiber Fun In The 'Sip was released...I think it was yesterday or the day before.  Unfortunately, I didn't see any classes I was interested in, so I'm just going to go hang out.  I'm debating whether I want to go to Vicksburg on Thursday and spend the day touring the National Military Park and some of the other historical stuff, or just wait and drive over Friday morning.  I always say I'm going to go through the park after FFITS, but I never do.  Maybe this time, doing that first, I'll actually get it done. 

On the other hand, New Supervisor told us to start coming in at 5:00 instead of 4:00, because they're fussing about the overtime.  Plus, we're off again this Saturday.  What I'm hearing is that they're having trouble getting the steel we need to make our units, and that's why we've been off so much lately.  Not that I'm complaining, but when the overtime gets cut out, I need to start saving a bit more.  Or at least spend a bit less recklessly.  

After all, who do I think I am?  The government?  

Point is, going Thursday would require one more night in a hotel, and one more night of boarding for Jesse.  I'm thinking I should hang on to that money a bit longer...We'll see.  

And finally, yes, it's still July.  Yes, it's still in the upper 90s with heat indices in the 110+ range, but there is hope on the horizon.  Why?  Because look what showed up in the stores this week!




Autumn is just around the corner.  I can't wait!

No comments: