Saturday, July 02, 2022

Whelp, I Did It

 Whelp, I did it.  

I ripped out that scarf -- again -- and cast it on ... um...again. 


I'd decided it was just too wide after all.  The first time, I'd cast on 56 stitches.  The second time, it was 76, so this time I split the difference and cast on 68.  I think I've finally got it right.   At least, it had better be right, because I don't think my yarn will hold up to yet another trip to the frog pond.  

But the good news is I finished the hat!


Into the gift drawer it will go, and I'll cast on another one here in a little bit.  

I wish I had something more exciting to tell you, but there really hasn't been much going on today, unless you want to hear about me shampooing the carpet or washing the bedding.  Jesse hates bedding washing day, by the way -- which is different from my normal weekly sheet change.  Bedding washing day is when I strip and wash everything, including the mattress pad and comforters.  It usually takes most of the day to get it all washed and dried, and during that time, Jesse isn't allowed in the bedroom.  

He doesn't like being kept out of the bedroom, even though when I'm home he lays by my chair most of the time anyway.  Even so, he's always glad when I tell him I'm done and he can go get back on the bed again.  

Other than that, I haven't done anything but sit inside watching it...RAIN!!!  Yes, we are getting rain!  So much rain, it left a puddle in my driveway!


We have a long way to go before we're out of drought conditions, but any rain is better than no rain.  

By the way, I was a bit bummed, I was going to start watching my 4th Of July movies today, but alas, none of them are on any of my streaming services, which means I'm going to have to get out of my chair, tromp all the way across my living room, and put the DVDs into the player one by one.  

First-world problems, eh?  

And finally, your America moment for today -- an oldie but a goodie:


(Ignore the fact that it is America-hating Stephen Colbert saying it.  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.)

No comments: