Sunday, July 03, 2022

Lazy Day

Today has been an absolutely lazy day -- or as we said back in the day, a day of rest. 

All I did was watch TV and eat.  Oh, yeah, and knit.  I did knit.  I knit quite a bit at that. 

I got this far on my third attempt and final attempt at this scarf, 

when I had to set it aside for a bit.  I'd gotten so involved in the TV shows I was watching that I kept messing up, so I switched to this hat for a while. 

This is Mainstay acrylic yarn from Walmart.  It's very soft, but the twist is so inconsistent it's not worth how cheap it is.  I'd bought it to knit charity hats with a while back, and it's been marinating in my stash ever since.  Well, I'd knit one hat from it, but that's it.  I've got enough yarn for two or three more hats, but once I've used it up, I won't buy it again.  

By the way, I found one of my Independence Day movies on Disney + -- which I still have because I haven't figured out how to unbundle it from my Hulu Live -- so I watched that one.  I've spent most of the day watching Chicago PD and Chicago Fire.  I'm trying to watch them in order of release date because they all overlap a bit.  When I get to it, I'll bring Chicago Med into the mix as well.  They'd all been in my watch list for ages, and now that I've started, I can see why they're so popular.  

And finally, the America moment for today.  Normally, I don't like too much styling of our national anthem, but this one...this one rocks.   


P.S.  I think I'm going to delete the Grammarly app.  Unless they've seriously changed the rules of grammar since I was in school, Grammarly doesn't know them.  It keeps trying to correct things that are already correct.  

No comments: