Thursday, July 21, 2022

Fixed It

 Yay!  They finally fixed that revolting sink in the women's bathroom at work! And the way that happened is as follows. 

There I was at work, just a working away, when my old supervisor came through the department. We bantered back and forth a bit...me teasing him about abandoning us, why they keep moving him, rumors going around the plant...him talking about it being his oldest daughter's birthday today ... you know, just stuff. 

Somehow, the conversation turned to the state of the women's bathrooms.  Not quite sure how that happened, but it did.  I pulled out my phone and showed him that photo of the sink.  You know, the one I posted yesterday...or day before, whenever I blogged last.  

He looked at it a moment, then said, "I double dog dare you to show that to The Big Man Up Front."  

"I ain't showing him nothing!"  I replied emphatically -- all pretense of correct grammar flying right out the window.  Metaphorically speaking, of course. 

"I'll show it to Boss of Bosses, but not to The Big Man Up Front."  Not like he'd care anyway.  Even so, a few minutes later, when Boss of Bosses walked by, I stopped him and said, "Do you have a minute?"  

I showed him the photo, and he got onto the radio and worked his magic.  I know, because the next time I had to go answer nature, I saw....


they'd covered it up with a trash bag.  Didn't fix it, but at least it's hidden -- sort of.  

Eh, it's something...I guess...

No comments: