Monday, February 14, 2022

Valentine's Day

 Today, as I'm sure you know, is Valentine's Day.

Some of my coworkers -- OK, a lot of my coworkers-- had ordered matching shirts to celebrate the day.  Oh, they were lovely shirts, and my coworkers wore them so proudly.  There were red ones, and black ones, and they all had the same pithy saying on them.  That saying went:

I must of been hit by the wrong or the right Cupid. Who knows?

Do you see it?  Please tell me you see it, too!  Sigh...Society is doomed.  Doomed, I tell you!

Now, normally, I'd be writing a big long post about love, or lack of it, or some other such nonsense, but I thought I'd take today to remember this:


"What is that?"

I'm so glad you asked.  It's sleet.  

It's the first few fallings of sleet that would see most of the South buried in snow and ice for a solid week.  I used to dream of living where it snowed a lot.  I once -- when I was much younger -- much, much younger -- thought I wanted to live in Alaska.  

The older I get, the farther South I want to go.  But not all the way to Antarctica.  Not that far South.  

Just back to the Texas Gulf Coast.  

And finally, I'm still practicing my piano, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to say.  I'm still trying to get used to these longer hours -- and getting up at 2:45 AM, which seems to get harder every year.  Some days, it seems all I have the energy for is to give each song a cursory run-though and that's it.  

But I am still practicing the Christmas songs I'm working on for the next concert.  I only hope I don't get sick of playing them before it's time!  

Well, this is going to be a bit short, as I had to run an errand after work, so it's already nearly time for bed, and I still have a lot I need to be doing.  I keep hoping something exciting will happen and I'll have something worth talking about.

Bur for now, Toodles.  







 



No comments: