Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Random Thoughts Of A Wednesday Evening

 1.  Just when I'd gotten used to not feeling completely and utterly exhausted all the time...we had to go back to work.  We thought we'd hit the ground running, and sure enough, the plant didn't fail us.  Back on 9 hour shifts from day one, and ...well, they never stopped working 6 days a week.  But yes, we're working Saturday.  

2. I have a cat now.  She is a drama queen.  How do I know this?  I'll tell you.  Monday night when it was supposed to be getting so cold, she kept asking to go outside.  I told her no, and this was her response:


to flop on the ground like a toddler.  Kindly ignore the state of my floors.  It's on the list.  Anyway, I wouldn't let her out, so I had to listen to her yowl all night long.  

3.  I've put together an Amazon wish list for my town's Little Free Library: 

Little Free Library

If you feel you want to contribute, all books purchased from this list will be put into the LFL on the town square.  Also, if you have a suggestion for a book I need to add, I'm open to them.  There may be some duplicates on there at the moment.  I'm still in the process of tidying it up.  

4.  I finally remembered to ask my brother Scott about the piano books from my childhood.  He confirmed my fears.  It did not survive the hurricane.  That would be Ike.  That's a bummer.  There was this one piece I just loved, and wish I still had.  It was called Stop Lights or Traffic Lights or something similar.  I don't remember.  I've looked for it and can't find it anywhere.  

5.  I've started back to doing my piano lessons, with the videos.  I said I was going to record one of my practice sessions for you, but when I get home from work, I'm too tired to even think, much less be personable on camera.  One day I will, though. 

6.  I had more to tell you, but my I'm so tired my eyes feel swollen, and I still have to practice my piano, so I'm going to have to cut this short and bid you good night. 

7.  Good night. 

1 comment:

Otter said...

Tuxedos are like that. Fred is a drama king. My sister had Miss Kitty and was the original drama queen. Sadly, or maybe not, my walking buddy has her first cat ever. Sylvester is high drama. She named her tux Sylvester because she has two yellow birds. The temptation was too much to not name him that.