Friday, August 04, 2023

Oo Dah Lolly

Oo Dah Lolly, oo dah lolly, golly what a day!

And for once, I don't mean that in a bad way.  If there were such a thing as a perfect day, today surely came close.  It all started when I didn't have to get up and go to work.  Of course, not getting paid put a bit of a damper on that, but hey, that's why I keep a savings account. 

Still, it was so nice to just lay in bed until I wanted to get up -- or until my bladder demanded I get up, rather.  I enjoyed a nice, leisurely cup of coffee, then got dressed and went into town to take care of my payday errands.  One of the bills I had to pay was at the water office on the square, so I was able to hit several Pokestops while I was there, and this time, I didn't hit the curb, thank goodness!

Heh, yesterday at work, the coworker who had stopped to help me change my tire said she and I were going to drive up to Arkansas and get those air conditioners.  I said, "Yeah, and I'm going to let you drive so I don't hit any curbs!"  By the way, I'm beginning to think they lied to us about those air conditioners.  But that's another post for another day. 

After paying the bills, it was off to Walmart where I spent way too much money.  I mean, I wasn't just spending willy nilly; it's just that everything I ran out of this week was the expensive stuff.  Like the cat's food, for example.  The kind I buy her is $15 for a 15 lb bag -- and it's the cheapest stuff there.  Plus, her wet food had a $5.50 ibotta rebate, so I went ahead and picked up another case of those, even though I still have an unopened one from Prime Days.  And a few other things, after which I couldn't afford to buy actual food. 

At least the cat will get to eat this week. 

Look what I found, though!


I've already got the refills in my air fresheners, and the house is starting to smell like fall!  OOOH, boy, I can't wait!  

I had just made it home and got the groceries unloaded, when a storm rolled through, cooling things off just a bit, and bringing some much needed rain, and a bit of a break from the relentless heat.  After multiple days in the upper 90s and low 100s, the high today is only 86.  I've stopped trusting the weather app on my phone, because it says it's 97.  There's no way it's that hot.  My personal thermometer on my back porch says 86, as does WeatherBug, which I find is usually the most accurate.
 
Anyway, while it was raining, I was inside piddling and getting stuff done.  And one of those stuffs was knitting. 

This is the hat I cast on last night while watching football.  That is the cat's tail doing the Vanna White impression.  Then I ground up and bottled some of my dried peppermint.


 I have some more lemon balm and pineapple sage ready to bottle  along with some rosemary, but I had to wash some more jars.  I'll probably wait until tomorrow to process those, just to make sure the jars are good and dry.  

As if all that weren't enough, I managed to get Blaze moved into his new home. 


I still need to get the old tank cleaned out and moved to the shed, but Blazey is all settled in and already hiding in his new cave.  

I just happened to also catch Sunset and Onyx out and about, so I snapped some quick photos of them, too.  



And finally, for what it's worth, I've been spending a lot less time on social media lately.   I seldom post on Facebook any more, other than my Wordle scores and the odd meme here and there.  I post on Twitter and Instagram even less, and seldom even visit any others.    

A couple of my friends and I were discussing it the other day, and we all agreed it just isn't fun any more.  I'd love to bring back the old blogging community that was so vibrant before Facebook and Twitter took over everything.  I mean, I still wasn't very popular, but I had a few regular readers and blogs that I read regularly, as well.  

We would comment and converse, and chat about how our days had gone, and I felt like we'd developed genuine relationships.  

I miss those days. 

No comments: