Tuesday, August 22, 2023

I Hadn’t Planned

I hadn't planned on going to the store after work yesterday.

I hadn't planned on doing anything but coming home and sitting in the air conditioning.  I'm still pretty run down from my whirlwind trip to Missouri, you know.  Alas, all that changed when I broke the zipper on my lunch box, so I had to run in and buy a new one so I didn't drop bits of my lunch all the way across the parking lot. 

While I was there, I went ahead and picked up....a water trough for the wild critters. 


It didn't say how much water it holds, but just eyeballing it, I'd say about 10 gallons.  I put it out behind the fence and quickly got it filled up.   I even found a piece of 1 x 4 just the right size to put into it, you know, in case a squirrel falls in or something.  


It'll have something to climb on to and won't be stuck and drown.  I'm going to leave the small water bowl out there, too, for the birds.  

That brings us to today.  I'd planned on doing all sorts of things after work today.  I was going to go top up my gas tank, and maybe drive out to the lake and see if there were any different kinds of Pokémon out there, and ...whatever.  But it got so hot inside the plant, 


 (yes that is my work area), that by the time I got off, all I wanted to do was to come home.  I was feeling positively sick.  I mean that literally.  Weak, shaky, nauseated -- all the classic symptoms of heat exhaustion.  

As if that weren't enough, I hardly slept at all last night.  The electricity went off around 12:30, so no air conditioning, and the cat went on one of her night long yowling binges.  So yeah, I'm a bit tuckered. 

It was a tree limb, by the way.  That caused the power outage.  It was back on before time to get up and get ready for work, though it did go back off briefly while I was brushing my teeth.  Only about 5 minutes that time, but it was pitch black during those minutes.  That was fun.  

I'd also planned on telling you a bit more about the wedding, but that's not going to happen today.  I'll get to it when this heat breaks.  Until then, that's it for now.  

No comments: