Monday, August 19, 2019

Thank You All!

Before I begin, I'd like to thank you all for your kind comments on my little recital.  I'll be doing those periodically.  Not every month, but maybe every three or four months.  My cousin Marsha suggested I do a Christmas concert, so I hopped onto Amazon and ordered a couple of Level 1 Christmas books.  They are supposed to get here tomorrow, so I can go ahead and start learning those.  That ought to give me plenty of time to practice up. 

Moving right along, some of you with better memories than I may recall a month or so ago I found this little notation at the bottom of one of my lesson pages.



It says, "You are now ready to begin GREATEST HITS, Level 1".  At the time, I chose not to order the book, based on reviews saying it was a bit too difficult for someone just beginning to play.  However, with another month of practice under my belt, one day last week, I took the plunge.


Before I logged off Amazon, I said to myself, "Self, while you're here, might as well get the other two, too."  And that's exactly what I did. 


I promptly put the level 2 and 3 books on the shelf with the appropriate level course books, for future use, and eagerly opened my level 1 book.  Some of the songs include:

Love Me Tender
Edelweiss
Beauty And The Beast (Tale As Old As Time)
Nadia's Theme

And more.  Squee!  I'm so excited!  I had to make my self practice my regular course before I started the new stuff, but once I'd finished, I grabbed up my new book, and began learning the first song, which is Love Me Tender.

What's cool about this book is up in the top corner by the title of each song, it tells you when you are ready to start learning that song.  As in, "You are ready to learn this song after page 54 of Alfred's All In One Lesson Book" or whatever.  By that guide, there are four songs I can learn at this time.  The songs are challenging, but not impossible. 

You may notice a reduced presence on Facebook over the next few weeks.  Eh, it's too depressing to get on FB any more anyway. 

And finally, I finished my Coriolis hat while watching Avengers:  Endgame yesterday.


This yarn was much better to work with than the other yarn I made this pattern out of.  It's much less splitty. 

I guess that's about it for now.  I think I'll go practice my new music a bit before bed time. 




No comments: