Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Half Day Off

I'd taken a half day off work today -- mainly to use up my vacation days, since they don't let you carry them over.  Use them or lose them type of thing.  The plan was to watch Endgame and knit, but you know what they say about the best laid plans. 

Back a couple of weeks ago during my regular dentist appointment, my dentist told me I needed a filling.  Sure, and since I'd already had a half day of vacation approved, so I scheduled it for this afternoon.  Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes, right?  But you know what they say about...well, you know.

A few weeks back, I noticed that one of my crowns was loose.  I mentioned it to Dr. Horan at my checkup.  He thought having the root canal on it last December might have cracked the adhesive, and it just gradually worked loose.  I was worried that my actual tooth had broken, and I'd be losing another one. 

I got there today, and he filled my cavity, then tried to work the loose crown off the other tooth.  The hope was that he could remove it, clean it up, and re-cement it.  Unfortunately, he couldn't get the crown off.  We discussed it, and the only real solution is to completely replace the crown.  He said it would have to be done, and it would be better to do it sooner, before worse problems develop.  He said we could go ahead and do it today, if I wanted to.  I said, "Might as well." 

First thing the dentist did was to take an X-Ray.  The root canal and actual tooth looked good, so that was a relief to me.  I won't be losing another tooth.  Whew!

He then cut the old crown off and discovered it was the buildup underneath that was loose.  He had to cut that off and replace it, as well.  Again, he thinks that may have happened during that root canal I had on it.

Needless to say, all of that took a lot longer than we'd originally planned, so I guess I'll put off watching Endgame until the weekend. 

Speaking of the weekend, they have us working Friday again.  Now, why they are cutting our hours during the week, but still having us come in on Friday...well, scuttlebutt has it they did that so they could take our 2:30 break away.  They can't just tell us we can't take it, because that came from HR.  All personnel who work a 12 hour shift get a 10 minute break at 2:30. 

The only way they can keep us from taking that break is to cut our shifts by an hour, and that's why they did it.  At least that's the rumor going around...

And finally, I finished this hat.


The yarn is Red Heart Supersaver in the Pinata colorway.  It's some my friend Peggy sent me when she was de-stashing. 

I cast on another Coriolis hat. 


I think Peggy sent me this yarn, too.  It's Red Heart Supersaver in Pale Yellow. 

This is a really fun pattern to knit.  It's busy enough not to be boring, but mindlesss enough I can still watch TV while working on it.  I see a lot more of them in my future.



No comments: