Monday, August 26, 2019

Labor Day

The first thing I though when I woke up this morning was, "Ugh, I don't want to get up.  Why can't we have Monday off, too?"  Then it struck me....when the heck is Labor Day anyway?

Getting up, I checked the calendar, and yippee!  It's next week!  Maybe I'll finally get one of those three day weekends they promised us when they switched us to this alternate schedule.

But my next thought was, "Ugh, I still have to go to work today.  Hmmm, maybe I'll call in sick and take another day off."  Alas, I didn't want to blow my perfect attendance this close to the end of the month, so I dragged my weary body in to work.  Surprisingly, the day went by fairly quickly.  Funny how cooler temps and having actual work to do does that.

By the way, it was only cool because it's Monday and all the machines have been shut down for a few days, and it was raining.  It'll be back to being its usual oven before the week is out.  The good news is, it's only a few more days until September!  Yes, it'll still be hot, but Fall is on the way!


I don't know about you, but bales of hay in a field speaks Fall to me.  And yes, I pulled over and stopped to take that photo.  Actually, I was at a stop sign, so I was kind of already stopped anyway.  The point is, I wasn't driving when I took it.  So there. 

More good news, after 4 months, they finally opened the levee road across the dam.  Last week, I went out and drove across it, just because I could.


The water is still high, but things are moving in the right direction.  And yes, I pulled over and stopped (at that little parking space below the visitor's center, for you local folks) to take that picture. 

I'm thinking about getting a fishing license again.  I used to fish a lot, but when my stalker found out I like to fish, he badgered and nagged and pestered and worries me so much about fishing, it kind of put me off it.  Of course, it'd be better if I had a boat, but still...

Before I leave you, the next hat is progressing nicely.


The colorway is Red Heart Pumpkin, but it looks hunter orange to me.  Soon, I'll have to pack all my hats up and send them on their merry way, so my friend can get her blessing bags ready before winter.

I guess that's it for today.  One day, the blog will be interesting again, but until then, you'll have to put up with this mindless drivel.








No comments: