Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Computers and Aliens

There I was at work, just a working away, when a certain former group leader of mine came into the sub-brazing department.  He gestured at me to come over to where he was, so I went to see what he wanted.  He asked me to pull up the header assembly print for a work order he had in his hand. 

I said, "Come over here.  I'll teach you how to do it." 

"Nope, " he said, "Don't want to learn." 

"You're going to have to eventually," I responded.

 He replied, "Me and computers don't get along." 

I asked him, "Do you have a phone?"  When he said yes, I asked, "Is it a smart phone or a stupid phone?" 

"It's...a...smartphone," he said hesitantly, as if he were unsure what I was getting at. 

"Then you have a little computer in your pocket," I said. 

"Ummm...." 

And that was the end of that conversation.

OK, moving right  along.

Unless you've been living under a rock, you've no doubt heard about this Storm Area 51 Event that's supposed to be happening next month.  It was meant to be a joke, but I have it on good authority that hotels in the area are getting booked up for those dates. 

And by "good authority," I mean that awesome hunk of pure awesomeness who used to be my imaginary boyfriend before he got married to someone who is not me, Bill Whittle mentioned it in one of his videos.

Naturally, I have no intention of traveling to Nevada to storm any military facility -- mainly because I have no desire to get shot, and that's a darn good way to get shot.  But, I decided to do the next best thing, and I signed up for the Area 51 virtual race on Yes.Fit.  The plan was to time it so I will vinish the virtual race pretty close to the date of they are supposed to storm Area 51. 

It sounded like a good idea at the time.  But no...

I'm telling you, this is the most boring race ever!  Even if you are the lead dog,



the



scenery

never


changes. 



And it's a long race, too!  It's 97 miles, but the good news is, I'm halfway done. 

Even more good news, there's supposed to be a storm system pass through tonight.  It'll drop the temps from the high 90s to the low 90s. 

Yay!...

I think...

No comments: