Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More Yarn

Looky what came in the mail today! More yarn! This was also obtained in from a Ravelry member. Great place, that.


I'd thought about offering this up for my contest prize, but once it arrived I decided I was just going to keep it. Besides, it was free for the cost of postage, and I thought it would be tacky to offer up free yarn as a prize. So what, pray tell will the prize be? I have finally chosen this:

Two 50 gram balls of Knit Picks Essential in the Riverbed colorway, and not one, not two, but three, yes three, count them, three sets of double pointed needles. The two on the left are Clover bamboo in sizes 2.25 mm and 3.25 mm. The set on the left is Comfort Zone size US 2. It doesn't give the mm size. Neither of the bamboo sets has been used as far as I can remember. They aren't warped and look brand new. Nothing is wrong with them, I've just decided I prefer Knit Picks nickel plated needles. The Comfort Zone needles I tried to use, but just couldn't get used to how bendy they are.

But wait, you say! She said she was going to offer good yarn! I did. Don't let the price or the brand fool you. Knit Picks Essential is my all time favorite sock yarn ever. I've never found one as soft to wear as this, and it works up into a nice firm fabric. Like the old shampoo commercials say, I've tried those expensive yarns, and they aren't any better than Knit Picks, just more expensive.

Now for the random drawing prize:


Two undyed balls of Patons Classic Merino wool. This yarn is 100% wool, and great for dying or felting. Each ball is 100 grams and just over 200 yards of worsted weight wool. It should be enough to make a hat and matching gloves, or a decent sized scarf.

Let me reiterate, if you are not a crafter and still want to enter the contest, you can still win these prizes. But wait, you say. I am not a knitter, so what am I going to do with yarn? I'll tell you. If you win the contest, and I know you are not a knitter, I will personally knit these into socks to fit your feet, or if you win the second prize, I'll personally knit this yarn into a scarf for you. The patterns I have chosen are unisex, so even if you don't want them, you can give them as a gift.

So there we have it. The prizes.


So you aren't totally bored with yarn tales, I present to you today's picture. Maple Leaves. November 13, 2007.

2 comments:

Buck said...

Nice pic! Tree-idiot that I am, I'd have said they were maple leaves.

Becky G said...

Heck, it could be a maple tree. It's kind of hard to tell them apart sometimes. Off to Google trees now...