Friday, November 30, 2007

I Was Dreaming Again

I'd been following the Dallas-Green Bay game on the computer, since none of the local stations were carrying it. However, it was already 9:30 and they'd only just started the third quarter. Since 5:00 AM waits for no Cowboy, I went on to bed.

And dreamed.

About the game.

The Cowboys would score. Then the Packers would score. Then the Cowboys would pull ahead, and the Packers would come back and tie the game. The Cowboys would pull ahead again, but the Packers wouldn't give up. They would rally and tie the game.

Finally, the game was tied at 41 all, with 36 seconds left on the clock and Tony Romo trying to get within Nick Folk's field goal range. He took the snap, dropped back, and threw the ball waaaay down the field.

And I woke up.

I looked at the clock. 11:15 P.M. "That game is over," I said to myself. So I jumped out of bed, ran down to the computer room and opened my browser. Once my browser was open, I clicked on the Football button in my toolbar (why, yes I do have a Football button in my toolbar. Doesn't everybody?) and saw the headlines in big three inch letters:


The Road To The Superbowl Runs Through Dallas: Cowboys defeat Packers 37-27

And the new catchphrase that's sweeping the Cowboy nation,





Getcha popcorn ready!!!

No comments: