Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday



The biggest shopping day of the year. The day I avoid stores like the plague. I usually end up having to run in and get a string of lights or garland or something, but this year, everything worked, so I haven't been anywhere.

When I was a child, this is the day we made fruitcakes. This is a family tradition that dates back to wayyyy before I was born. I don't make them any more. Cody won't eat them, and I don't need them. Of course, now that I'm allergic to eggs, the point is moot anyway.

This is what I did instead.


I've still got more decorating to do, but this is the big thing.

LSU lost to Arkansas in triple overtime. Triple overtime!!! Cody was quite upset, but forgave them and hung his Mike ornament anyway.

There's no hope for a national title now, but they still should get a bowl game. Texas also lost to Texas A&M, and Miss St. took the Egg Bowl on a last minute field goal. Hard to believe this is the last weekend for college football--regular season anyway. It wasn't a good weekend for us.

At least Dallas won.

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I avoid shopping on Black Friday, too.

Gig 'em

Buck said...

LOL, Lou!

Too bad about the football, Becky. But it could have been worse. And, sure enough, it was worse...at my place. I forgot ALL about football yesterday. Didn't watch a single game.

Dang.

Becky G said...

LOL, Lou! I used to be a big Aggies fan, but lately I've been becoming more of a Texas fan. I'm always glad when the Aggies win, so long as they aren't playing LSU or Texas.

Buck, That's too bad. There were some good games on. Cody gets very upset when his teams lose, but I ask him, "Is the world going to end if they lose?" Kind of helps keep in perspective, for both of us.

Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty tree!

Black Friday is moot for me too since 99.5% of the only shopping I do anymore is just groceries.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Patch