See, what happened was I have one of those toilet want thingies that you click the sponge onto the handle to clean your toilets with. Like this one, but I have the cheap Walmart brand.
So I was cleaning the toilet in the half bath off of my bedroom, and I guess I got a little too enthusiastic in my scrubbing because the sponge came right off of the handle and fell into the bottom of the toilet!
I tried and tried to get it out, but the harder I tried the deeper into the drain it went. I even got my little drain snake out to try to grab the sponge with that, but it just pushed it further down.
OK, plan B. I got the plunger out and spent days on end plunging, but the sponge wouldn’t budge.
As luck would have it, I had just seen an ad for a pneumatic plunger on some website. I don't remember which. I’ll bet that would knock that stuck sponge loose.
First, I looked on the Walmart and Lowe’s apps to see if I could find one locally, but no dice. In the end I had to order one from Amazon. It arrived yesterday.
I quickly unboxed it and put it together, then ran with it into the bathroom. Now, the description on Amazon had said to start with a low PSI, then work your way up, so I pumped the pressure up to 1 PSI. I stuck it into the bottom of the toilet and pressed the trigger.
Nothing.
OK, I'll try again, I thought. I pumped it up to 2 PSI this time, put the plunger into the toilet and pulled the trigger.
WHOMP! I heard and all the water in the toilet began draining out. Woo hoo! Very cautiously, I flushed...then flushed again. It worked perfectly. In fact, that toilet is flushing better than it has since I moved into this house. I think I'm going to go plunge the toilet in the hall bathroom to see if it will stop screaming at me every time I flush.
Don't envy me my exciting life...

No comments:
Post a Comment