We had to go through a bit of fruit basket turnover at work this morning in the sub-brazing department. What happened was that the one brazer who comes in late every single day but still miraculously hasn't pointed out came in late yet again yesterday only to discover that someone else had set up on "her" stand.
For that to make sense, I have to explain that we normally have 12 brazing stations. When they moved us all around, they'd taken four of them out for the time being. The brazers who normally work on those four stands had to find another stand. Alas, one of them got on Prissy Butt's stand, and she had to get on a different stand.
She pitched an absolute wall eyed hissy fit all day long claiming that everybody else was able to get on their "right" stand but her. This wasn't at all true, by the way. Only three of us had gotten on the same stands we'd had before, and the other five were on different stands. None of that mattered to her, and somehow in the conversation the other brazers agreed to swap stands to mollify her.
This morning, four different brazers -- five if you count Prissy Butt -- swip swapped stands so she could have her "right" stand back. I was kind of glad, to be honest, because she's farther away from me. I swan, when we get moved back to the lines, I don't know what's going to happen to her, because she's one of those people who can't even wipe her own butt unless someone holds the toilet paper for her. I feel sorry for whoever ends up having to work with her. I only hope it's not me.
On the bright side, I was able to come home and watch new seasons of Halloween Wars and Halloween Baking Championship! Oh, and Heartland is back on Hulu, so I picked right back up where I left off.
On the not so bright side, still no word from the clean up man. I think I'm going to wait until this heat breaks then try calling him back. If he doesn't come then, I'll just find someone else who wants my money.
In the meantime, I emptied two more boxes out and bagged up some stuff to donate-- mostly stuffed animals, Beanie Babies, and Micropets, plus the fish tank ornaments I've decided not to use in my toad garden. There are three thrift shops here in town, Another Man's Treasure, The Broken Pot, and Huckleberry Finds. Surely one of them will take this stuff.
These two guys, however, I'm finding I'm having a hard time putting them into the donation box. Their names are Joshua David and Gregory Jason.
I've had them for forever, but I'm not quite ready to part with them.
In garden news, not much is really going on with the garden. While I was waiting for the clean up man yesterday, I tore up a few cardboard boxes and added them to my hot compost bin. It still needs some more, but I've got plenty. Maybe I'll get up early Friday and tear some more up before it gets too hot.
And finally, a little football humor for you.
IYKYK


No comments:
Post a Comment