It is finally Fall, folks. For reals. We've passed meteorological fall, traditional fall, the autumnal equinox, the Harvest Moon rises tonight, candy corn is in the stores, football is on the TV, and it was in the 60s when I got up this morning. In fact, it felt so much like fall that I finally put out my fall decorations.
I won't show you a bunch of photos because I always put everything in the same place. It looks the same as it did last year. Mostly. This year, I left this painting where it is.
For those of you who don't know, there was a teacher at my elementary school named Mrs. Matthews. I never had her as a teacher, but she also went to the church I started going to after I graduated. When she retired from teaching, she took up painting as a hobby. Before she passed away, she gave this painting to my cousin with the specific instruction that it was to come to me.
Normally, I take it down and put this wreath there,
but for some reason, this year I just didn't want to. I couldn't stand the idea of putting it away for three months out of the year. So I didn't.
Before I did all of that, I recorded a new garden vlog, which if you're so inclined you can watch here: Garden Vlog.
Once I'd finished and got that to uploading, I washed and strung the peppers I'd harvested, which I didn't take a photo of, but you can see them in the vlog. Then I ground up some of the cayenne peppers I'd already dried. I got enough to completely fill one jar and start a second.
I'll most likely be able to fill that second jar, because I've got plenty of peppers already drying and plenty more still on the plants.
In fact, the plants have done so well in these beds - - much better than the ones I'd put into the other bed, I might put whichever peppers I grow next year into them as well. I don't know if I'll plant more cayennes, though. I'm thinking I might do chili or tabasco peppers next time around. Or maybe jalapeños. Or maybe some of each. I don't know. I'll have to ask Cody which ones he wants me to grow. He's the cook in the family.
In football news, Navy played yesterday -- on Friday. I don't like that. Friday is for high school. Saturday is for college and Sunday is for NFL. All that to say, I finished my latest sailor hat while watching them play.
Yarn: Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn
Colorway: Rainbow Galaxy
Pattern: Basic Beanie
Needles: US 8 / 5 mm
That's the last of the Hobby Lobby yarn. Now I'm back to using Red Heart, at least until I can get back up to Batesville. Maybe I'll go up there next weekend.
Or maybe not. I don't know.
We'll see.





No comments:
Post a Comment