Thursday, August 06, 2026

It's Been A Minute

Let's see, what's been going on since I last wrote?  Not much.  Work, sleep, knit, more work.   Monday, we walked in and there was once again a pile of poop in the floor.  I saw it this time, and it was definitely animal -- most likely a cat.  This morning, when I drove into the parking lot, I saw the likely poopitrator.  

Get it?  Poop -itrator...OK, I'll stop now.  It was one of the stray cats that hangs out around the plant.  This one was a gray tabby which looked an awful lot like the kitten I caught back in June.  Enough to make me wonder if it was the kitten's father.  I mean...probably so.  

By the way, we are working tomorrow.  Someone told me that they only let us off last Friday because it was the first day of school.  Maybe, but if they did, that would be the first time in the 32 summers I've worked there that this has happened.  Work is really slow right now, so I think it's day by day thing.  They've been letting lines go home early every day this week.  Yesterday, they even let some of the brazers go.  Not me.  She didn't even ask me.  I guess she knew I wouldn't go, especially if I have work to do.  

Want to hear something funny? Monday, I think it was, I came home and kicked my shoes off.  I promise you they landed just like this. 


Even funnier, I didn't notice until I was getting ready for bed and went to move them out of the middle of the floor.    

Speaking of bed, I haven't been sleeping well lately.  Part of it is that I'm still trying to go to bed at 7:00m forgetting that can now sleep two hours later in the morning.  Yeah, 4:30 is still early, but not as bad as 2:30.  

In other news, I was watching a gardening video on YouTube and the guy, Kevin from Epic Gardening,  said something to the effect of this is the time of year he gets a little burned out from gardening.  Granted, he's got a much bigger garden than I have, but I do feel him.  I wouldn't say I'm burned out really, but there really isn't a lot to do this time of year.   I know there are things you can plant in August -- that was the whole point of his video -- but I don't have room for them right now.  Maybe by next year, when I have all of my beds situated and ready -- well, all of the ones I have, that is -- I can plan better.  I'm just kind of winging it for now.  

On a similar note, our brief brush with coolness has moved on and we are back into the mid 90s.  But then, it is August after all.  All that heat is good for one thing, sitting inside and knitting while watching TV. 


Yarn:  Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn
Colorway:  Day Dreamery
Pattern:  Basic Beanie
Needles:  US 8 / 5 mm

The knitting goes so much faster when you have nice yarn to work with and a good show to watch.  

On that note, football is back!  OK, it's just pre-season, but it's still football!!

3 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

I liked the poop pun. 🤭

I think some of the garden youtubers get tired and burned out from also having to always be recording and coming up with ideas for weekly videos.

Becky G said...

I can definitely see that! I almost didn't record yesterday because it's all just about the same as it was two weeks ago. I'd said I was going to record every two weeks, just so I could keep up with what is going on in my garden, but I don't even go back and watch my own videos. Go figure...

Amnicon Studio said...

I've gone back and looked. I'm in awe of how quick it all grows.