I'd been doing so well with my blood sugar here lately, I decided to thaw a slice and eat. It was a tiny bit freezer burned on the crust, but the filling tasted fine. Also, when you put a pie into the freezer, the crust tends to turn soggy. Honestly, I'd intended to have it eaten up within a few weeks, until the ice storm threw my entire life out of whack. Well, I suppose I should blame my memory for forgetting what all I had put into the aforementioned deep freeze. And the ice storm didn't quite throw my entire life out of whack, but that's more exciting than to say it mildly inconvenienced me for a few days.
Now for a bit of good news, they're saying we may get a break from this heat by next week, and by "break from this heat" I mean they're predicting the lower 90s instead of the lower 100s. My air conditioner will be glad of that!
So will my electric bill. By the way, the power stayed on all day at work. Bummer. I heard someone at work say that the reason the power went out is because someone hit a light pole, which is highly plausible. People were saying that there was a large part of town that was without power, not just the plant. I don't know about that, because it was the Tallahatchie Valley EPA, and I'm on Entergy.
I know a lot of folks complain about Entergy, but back during that ice storm I keep bringing up, they had all of their customers' power back on long before either Tallahatchie Valley or Delta Electric did. I've never had any complaints about them, me.
By the way, they're saying this winter could be even worse than last winter thanks to the so called Super El Nino. I guess that's why the ice storm has been so much on my mind here lately. And I guess I really ought to get an electrician out here to check that breaker and replace it if necessary, just in case I need to use the generator again. Oh, and last winter was actually pretty mild except for that whole ice...storm...thing...
Cold and sleet I can deal with. Just not ice. I'd have said snow, but we so seldom get it here. Everywhere around us could be getting snow, and all we get is sleet. I'm telling you one thing, you can not make snow ice cream out of sleet. It won't work. Trust me on this one.
Be that as it may, except for that pesky breaker, I'm all ready for a cold and snowy -- or sleety, rather-- winter. I've got plenty of firewood, plenty of power banks, and this year, I have a woobie.
A good woobie will solve a world of problems.

1 comment:
It's supposed to be cool-ish in my area for the next couple of weeks.
I have not paid much attention to what this winter is supposed to be like. I suppose I better. ...
Post a Comment