Apparently, when I filmed my garden journal yesterday, I didn't get my microphone connected or something, so the video had no sound. Sorry about that, and thanks to Marcy for pointing it out to me. Yeah, yeah, I should have checked before I posted, but I didn't. No matter. I've deleted the old video, and after a couple of test videos, I figured out the problem and re-filmed the whole thing. As always, it's not edited in any way, just my ramblings.
If you want to watch it, you can find it here: Garden Journal
On a similar note, after I blogged yesterday, I cut and rigged up my first soaker hose.
The hose is still a little stiff, but I'm hoping a few days in the August heat will soften it up a bit. I may re-position it in the fall, after the first frost kills off everything in that bed, but for now it is where it is.
Once it was in place, I put all the cardboard mulch back,
leaving the connection exposed, naturally. I've got some more boxes that I'm going to cut up and add to this, but probably not until later today, or maybe even tomorrow.
This morning, I hooked up my hose and ran it for about half an hour. I have to be careful not to put the water pressure up to high so it'll ooze and not spray.
I'd bought a quick connect system at Walmart last week. It had two sets of connectors, but for some reason, they are not interchangeable. What's even the point, then? I had hoped to be able to quickly swap my hose between my soakers and my nozzle, but that's not going to happen with these connections.
Naturally, I did what any red blooded American would do. I hopped onto Amazon and found a set with multiple connectors of the same type. I've added it to my cart, but probably won't order it for a few weeks yet. I'm not going to rig up any more of the beds until after the current growing season, when the plants in them have died back and the beds are empty. I figure it'll be easier that way.
My bill is going to be sky high this month anyway, because seven of my subscribe and save orders all hit on the same day. I usually don't get but one or two, and I think this is the first time I've ever had so many at once. Ah, well...two of them were the cat's food and flea stuff, two were supplements my doc recommended that I can't find locally, two were my protein powder -- which I subscribe to to get a discount since it's gotten so expensive -- and my protein bars, and one was my mouth guard because I grind my teeth when I sleep.
Not that you needed to know all of that, but there you go.
But I digress...
As promised, I got up this morning and harvested the cayenne peppers that were ready, then strung them to dry.
Most of them were short and stubby, and I think it might be the heat. Peppers are in the nightshade family, which loves heat up to a point. July and August are past that point. But since the goal is to grind them into powder anyway, I don't suppose it very much matters.
And finally, someone is going to be very disappointed when I finally get around to cutting this grass.
I should probably do that today, since it's not supposed to get out of the 80s, but I'm not. It's the day of rest, and that's what I'm going to do.
Rest and knit.





3 comments:
The string of peppers is so pretty!
It was such a bummer that the audio on your first video didn't work. I seriously thought it was me. I saw how many views you had on that video, too.
Thank you.
I suspect that most of my views are from the same ones I get most of my blog hits from -- bots.
Maybe. Maybe not :-)
Post a Comment