Wednesday, October 18, 2023

One Way

 Well, that's one way to get employees to come to your party.  Make it mandatory.  


I guess I'm going to a tailgate tomorrow.   A mandatory tailgate.  But at least they're going to feed us, so there is that... an hour after our regular lunch break...

In other news, I got out this afternoon and started cleaning this section of the old chicken coops out.  I got this far and got overwhelmed.


Mainly because I just don't know what I'm going to do with all that wood.  It's mostly landscape timbers and 4 x 4s, but I have no use for them.  I've been trying to give them away for years, but nobody wants them -- which ought to tell you something.  I didn't even want them when they were given to me by the next door neighbor who somehow got the idea that I was going to make my back yard "so bea-yoo-tee-full".  No matter how many times I told her "No, I'm noooot," she still insisted that it was going to be "so bea-yoo-tee-full!"  

 But wait, there's more!


She gave me all of this, too, except that sheet of rubber stuff.  That was left by the previous owners, as were these things, and the little ride on toy in the top photo. 


I don't know why people seem to think I'm their own personal garbage dump, but they're always giving me junk they don't want.  I've got old computer monitors I never had a need for, and old ceiling fan that I can't use...heck one of my cousins even brought me an alternator -- for a car I don't even have!  

I'd love to give it all away, but people say they want something, then never show up to get it. 

I'm starting to understand why the previous owners threw so much garbage into the woods behind the house.  Not that I'm going to do that, but I'm starting to understand it...

3 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

We've been at our place for more than 10 years and are forever finding crap the previous owners threw in the woods. :-/. Last summer or fall we found a cooking pan. It was so bizarre where we found it. It's like crap keeps percolating out of the ground. I feel your pain.

Becky G said...

I've cleaned up quite a bit, but those woods aren't mine, so I'm not spending too much time on them. It's hard enough for me to keep up with my own property, much less take care of someone else's.

Amnicon Studio said...

Maintenance to keep things looking nice and tidy is a never-ending job.