Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Whee!

So, there I was at my piano, just a practicing away, when at the bottom of the page, I saw this:


It says, "You are now ready for Greatest Hits , Level 1."  Whee!

I promptly got onto Amazon and looked up the aforementioned book.  However, after reading some of the reviews, I decided not to get it at this time.  Most of the one star reviews stated that it was introduced too early, it's too difficult, and can be frustrating for a beginner.  I might pick it up later on. 

However, while I was online, I went ahead and ordered the complete series of instructional books.


Just on a whim, I opened the level 3 book to the last few songs and this is what I will be able to play when I'm done. 


Whee!  Watch out Piano Guys!  I'm coming for you!  Well, for your book, that is. 

Only now, I'm finding it harder and harder to get motivated to play my guitar.  I mean, I enjoy it once I pick the thing up, but it's like, "Ugh, I've got to practice my guitar..."  Maybe I need to find a beginner guitar group on FB or somewhere and join it.  That way, I can get the encouragement I need to stick with it. 

By the way, I've been very unimpressed with Amazon's Prime Day deals this time around.  There isn't really anything that has jumped out at me.  A couple of the things on my survival gear wish list were on sale, so I picked them up, but that's about it.  I'll show you them when they get here.

That's about all I have for now.  Today was rough at work, and I do mean rough.  I got there and the shift we aren't allowed to hold accountable for anything had done two, yes two, count 'em two orders for my line in their entire 12 hour shift.  Of course, their shift had run most of those parts up already, so I was behind from the get-go.  The rest of the day was a scramble just to keep my head above water.  I'm plumb worn out.

I think I'm just going to go practice my piano, then turn in early. 

Goodnight.




No comments: