Tuesday, July 02, 2019

The Book

Well, I've sold another copy of my book.  You know, the one I haven't even written yet.  I guess I'd better get on that, then. 

The bad news is, I have absolutely nothing to say tonight.   Unless you want to hear about how hot it was in the plant.  How hot was it?  It was so hot, I drank my coffee, my Dr. Pepper, my Powerade, a 54 oz jug of water, and was just about to start drinking my vinegar water (that I have for heartburn), when thankfully, the shift finally ended. 

The good news is, one more day and I'm off until Monday!  What do I plan on doing my long weekend?  Sleeping!  I might just sleep all four days away.  And when I'm not sleeping, I'll likely be practicing an instrument of some sort. 

I also need to do something about this yard of mine.  See all this stuff?  It's not grass. 


It's called Creeping Charlie, and it's almost impossible to get rid of.  This back corner of the yard has been completely taken over.  I got out Sunday and sprayed it with some herbicide, but that's going to leave a great bare patch in my yard.  So, I came up with a plan. 

All this -- well, most of it anyway -- is grass.  I've let it grow until it is ready to seed.


I'm going to get out there and cut it into my grass catcher.  Then I'll spread it over the bare spots left from killing the Creeping Charlie.  Hopefully, that'll work, and I'll have grass again. 

Now for your 'Murica moment: 


Because 'Murica!  That's why. 

No comments: