Monday, June 18, 2018

Hello Mojo


It would seem my knitting mojo is back, and back with a vengeance.  Maybe it just needed a purpose.  My friend's charity has provided just that purpose. 

Yesterday, I cast on this hat, using the helix technique.


I'd tried helix knitting once before, and didn't really like it.  It's going much better this time around.  But just to be on the safe side, in case I needed a break from it, I cast on just a plain old vanilla hat.


All of this yarn is out of what Peggy sent me.  It'll go to a good cause.  Like I said before, maybe I just needed a purpose to bring the mojo home.  In fact, it's back so strong, I'm getting the urge to

*looks around furtively*  *whispers*

knit lace.

Try to contain your horror.  Shock.  Whatever...

Seriously, dude.  I really want to cast on some lace.  The more complicated, the better.  Hey, it's not really lace knitting unless you've thrown the project across the room and cursed the day you were born at least once.  If it causes me to utter words that shouldn't come out of any Christian woman's mouth, then it's a really good pattern.



I'm sure you will all be pleased to know, I found a squash pie recipe that is just like the one Aunt Martha used to make.  I baked two of them, and it is so delicious.  I'm going to tinker with the recipe just a bit -- mainly replacing the scalded milk with a can of evaporated milk.  Other than that, the only thing else I'll do differently is to make sure I've squeezed the liquid out of my mashed squash.  It was kind of runny, and the pies took a lot longer to cook than the recipe says.



I'm not a beer drinker.  Being a good Southern Baptist teetotaler, the only alcohol I consume is the occasional shot of NyQuil.  That being said, whoever writes Budweiser's commercials is an absolute marketing genius.  Genius, I tell you.  This one still makes me tear up.  Just a bit.




Finally, you will all be pleased to know my brother was released from the hospital today.  He still has a long row to hoe, so we continue to covet your prayers. 

Thank you.


No comments: