Monday, April 11, 2022

Great News!

 This is great news, y'all!  

Do you see what that is?  I mean, ignore my mossy bricks...and the weeds....and the leaves and twigs...and the unswept door mat.  I mean the other stuff.  Do you know what it is?  

It's oak tassels!  The oak trees are starting to drop their tassels!  The Pollening is almost over! Thank goodness!  Very soon, we'll able to breathe -- for a few weeks, at least, until Sahara Dust season starts.  Sigh.  

Oh, well.  It's always something, isn't it?

Speaking of somethings, after I posted yesterday, I finished season 2 of The Chosen, and nothing else appealed.  I mean, on PBS, or Prime, or Hulu, or...nope.  Those are the only streaming services I still have.  I've cut all the others off, because of inflation and gas prices.  I need to trim expenses wherever I can.  

By the way, I finally found a dog food Jesse actually likes, only it's $19 per 14 lb bag.  I told him he'd better enjoy it while he can, because once the ibotta rebate expires, he's going back to the cheap stuff. 

Anyway, nothing on TV inspired me, so I went out and planted some more seeds in my other seed tray.  It was such fun using my new potting table, and not having to squat down and to these things on the ground.  I'm getting too old for that.  

As I said, I was practically giddy about using my new potting table, until the mosquitoes found me and began snacking on my legs.  That wasn't so fun, but I persevered and finished the job. 

I hope these seeds do a bit better than the ones in the other tray did, which you can see on the shelf below.  So far, I've only gotten one more seedling out of that batch, 


but there is time, yet.  Maybe once it gets more consistently warm.  Well, I can always hope. 

One thing I've got to do is to figure out how to get some more light in that corner where my potting bench is.  I mean, it's not dark dark, but it is kind of dark back there.  If I can get someone out to figure out why my outlets don't work in the shop, I can hang a shop light, since there is an outlet just outside the chicken coops.  Not sure why it's there, but it is.  

Now for some more good news, my little Christmas Cactus that I thought was a gonner seems to be turning green again.  That one sprig in the back seems to have greened up right nicely.  There may be hope for it yet. 


If those other sprigs are still red by fall, I'll probably just pull them up and move the green one to the center of the pot. 

It's been a while since I've shown you Marty Mac.  He's putting out lots of new traps, and the old ones are dying off -- which is completely normal.  


The really long, leggy leaves were there when I got him, and they come from him not having enough sunlight.  They'll eventually shed as well, and he'll be right as rain.  I'm supposed to cut off the flower stalk, but I want to see him bloom, just this once.  Maybe after the newness wears off, I'll cut them, but this time, I want a flower. 

While we're on the subject of flowers, this one is really loaded with blooms. 


I'm still waiting on this one to bloom.  It looks like it might be a red flower, but I can't tell for sure yet.


I hope you've enjoyed your brief walk through the nature in my yard.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go practice my piano.  

And I promise you a piano update soon.  

There, now that I've said it, I have to do it.  

No backsies.  

Hmmm, if I'm going to give you an update, I'd better get to practicing.  

Laters.

No comments: