Monday, March 21, 2022

I Give Up

For real, this time.  I just give up.  

All those wildflower seeds I planted a couple of weeks ago...Sixty six peat pellets I planted, and this is all I got. 

Most of them didn't even sprout, and most of the ones that did have died.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  These are wildflowers, for Pete's sake.  They're supposed to be able to grow anywhere!  Just toss them on the ground and they grow!  Sigh...

I want so badly to be able to have nice flower beds, but it seems it's just not to be.  I can't seem to get anything to grow.  Except the weeds in my yard.  I can't kill those, no matter how much weed killer I put down. 

Heh, maybe I should put that stuff on my seeds.  Maybe then, they'd grow. 

Well, I still have a lot of seeds left.  If I don't get anything else growing by...oh, say, the middle of April, I'll just plant some more and see what I get.  I'm half tempted to just pull up all my flower beds and forget the whole mess.  

Oh, and I lost another one of my little bluebonnets, too. 

Sigh, again...but the one in my flower bed seems to be holding on.  It looks like it's getting a little bud, too.  Maybe I'll have a bluebonnet this spring after all!

And look!  Marty Mac is a) still alive, and b) definitely growing a bud.

He's slowly putting out new traps, too, and I hope by the end of summer, he's as thick and bushy as some of the photos I've seen.  

In other disappointing news, I was unable to get my telescope aligned Saturday night.  Somehow, I'd managed to mess something up.  Not with the telescope itself, but on the app.  I pushed a wrong button, then couldn't figure out how to undo what I'd done.  The only thing I could think of was to delete the app entirely, and re-download it.  

By that time, I was tired, cold, and frustrated, so I just came on inside and went to bed.  The next morning, I got the telescope out and hauled it out to the road, where I tried once again to align my view finder thingy.  I still don't think I got it right.  I guess after this next round of storms rolls through, I'll have to haul it out to the lake and set it up there.  

There is a spot just below the visitor's center where I can get a clear line of sight at least a half mile away.  I should be able to finally get it set right.  The down side is, it'll be Saturday night before I can stay up until after dark again.  

Let me finish with a bit of good news.  

I'm only a few more rounds away from being past the gusset decreases on my sock.  Then I'm home free until I have to begin the toe decreases.  

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some hatches to batten down.  We're expecting severe weather tomorrow.  There's already been one tornado touch down in Texas from this same system.  The worst of it is supposed to pass to the South of us, but we will still get heavy rains.  

And I still haven't practiced my piano.

Always so much to do...    

No comments: