Friday, December 06, 2019

Random Thoughts Of A Thursday Evening -- Friday Edition

1.  I started this on Thursday, but couldn't think of enough things to say, so I continued it on Friday.

2.  There I was at work, just a day dreaming away.  I picked up my rod to start brazing my next part -- because I can work and day dream at the same time -- and dropped it.  This is not an unusual occurrence.  I bent down, picked up the rod, and when I stood up, there was Stalker, just laughing.  And staring.  Always staring....What a pathetic loser.

3.  He might not have been laughing if he'd known I was planning my imaginary wedding with my imaginary future husband. Where we will release an imaginary kraken.  That goes without saying.

4.  My department likes to eat.  A lot.  Yesterday, we had a taco salad day.  I'd forgotten how good taco salad is.  I must eat it more often.  Anyway,  I was tasked with bringing onions.  I thought, if I get the little pack of pre-chopped onion from Wal-Mart, they'll be much neater and more even than if I tried to chop one myself.  So, after work Wednesday, I girded my loins and headed into town.

5.  There was a man in the store, whistling like a bird.  All over the store.  The whole time I was in there.  I wondered if he had autism or something.

6.  The little container of pre-chopped onion cost $3.  I decided those people at work can deal with my uneven chopping.  As my friend says, "Sunday still comes at the first of the week."  Or as my Mother used to say, "You'll live through it."  And they did.

7.  I got most of my Christmas decorations out today, including the outside lights.


The lights I bought on clearance last year turned out to be just the right length for the front of my house.


I also got a new bow for my front door wreath -- on clearance last year, of course-- the neighbor's dog having torn up the one I had on it last year. 


8.  I  also got the new strings onto Cody's violin, but I haven't tuned it yet.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it was.  However, I may not have your surprise ready, since I've lost a week of practicing.  We'll see. 

9.  I've had some mysterious packages begin arriving.  Packages I didn't order.  I'm pretty sure they're presents from my sister's family.  Believe it or not, I managed to get two of them out of the mailing envelopes and wrapped without seeing what they are.  I kept my eyes tight shut.  The third one, I just wrapped the whole box. 

10.  By the way, I bought shutters for the front of my house a year ago.  And they're still sitting in the boxes, waiting to be primed and painted.  One of these days, I'll get that done. Today is not that day.

11.  Tomorrow is not looking good, either.

12.  I reckon that's it for now.  Laters.

No comments: