Thursday, December 12, 2019

Computer Woes

And the computer woes continue...

I'd taken my computer into town after work to the local repair guy.  Aaand nobody was there.  Out doing service calls, according to the note on the counter.   However, he also had his price list for common services up on the same counter, and I quickly glanced over it.  It only took a moment to find what I was looking for --

Change laptop fan: $125

Dang that sure went up since I was there last!  It was $40 then.  I decided then and there I wasn't going to spend that money on my ancient computer.  I only paid $300 something for it in the first place, and it's 7 years old at that.

New plan: take a moment this weekend and back everything up, then use it until it won't work any more.  Then I'll buy a new one.

Until then, here is a picture of the snow we woke up to the other day.


2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

Have you tried looking on youtube and seeing if there are videos for changing out a fan? Youtube has saved me so many times. I *love* that people put how-to stuff on there.

Becky G said...

I have, actually. I think may try it, if I can figure out which one my computer uses. However, it seems to be blowing today, so I'm just going to wait and see.

Really, I think I'm just looking for an excuse to buy a new computer, because I've been wanting one for a while.