Monday, July 27, 2026

Out The Wazoo

Man alive, I've got peppers out the wazoo!  


And that's not even counting the four pints I put into the refrigerator because I didn't trust the seal on them.  Well, three of them.  One I didn't have enough brine, so I made refrigerator pickles out of them.  This evening, I took some time to label and date them before I forget what they are and when I made them. 

I still plan on making at least one more batch of pepper jelly next weekend, but the rest of the year's harvest will most likely be frozen for cooking with, or eaten fresh in salad or on sandwiches or something.    

In other news, I'm not sure what's going on out at work.  Usually this is our busiest time of year, but today they shut down some of the lines and started sending people home at 9:00.  They even let some of the brazers go home at lunch.  Not me.  She didn't even ask me.  I guess she knew I wouldn't go unless they made me.  I'm saving money for a dump cart for my garden needs. 

I've got to slow down on my spending a bit, but on the bright side, I'm almost completely done with Christmas shopping for Brennan.  I might get her a few more stocking stuffers, but the majority of her stuff is done.  She's pretty easy to shop for.  Cody is the difficult one.  I have no idea what to get him, other than some new clothes.  I'll have to nag him pretty hard to get some idea of what he wants. 

And finally, the new season 6 teaser dropped last night.   



2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

My peppers are starting to come in. I'm excited to see them. I still haven't gotten past season one of The Chosen. I have to do it in small bites.

Becky G said...

I can't wait to see your peppers!

I love The Chosen. I've watched it through several times. I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea, though.