We knew it was coming, but I didn't really expect it until sometime next month. But we're there already. Yep, they put the notice up this morning. We’re going to be off on Friday.
I don't know if it's a one off, or if we're on four day weeks from here on out, but still...I guess we'll find out.
I had to laugh at the newbs freaking out about it. They were saying, "I ain’t never seen it like this before!" Us old school folks were just smiling and saying:
Because we have seen it this bad before. Our work is heavily dependent on the housing market, which has always been a bit up and down. Here lately, it's down. Really down. But those of us who've been out there for a while have been though this a time or two -- which is why I got into the habit of saving my vacation days for the end of the year. I reckon I'm going to have to wait a bit on that dump cart.
Now, I'm wondering if there is also going to be a layoff. I don't think there are even any temps out there right now, though. I haven't heard anything about a layoff, but I see the signs.
In other news, if you haven't seen the documentary on Pompeii hosted by Tom Hiddleston, it's really good. And of course, I've been watching Shark Week. Not much else going on, so here is some hat progress, just so this post won't be a total waste of your time.

2 comments:
I've been seeing promos for that Pompeii documentary and wondering if it was any good.
Sorry to hear about the work stuff. 😬
I'm really enjoying the Pompeii documentary. I've only seen the first episode so far, but it's good.
Post a Comment