Thursday, October 17, 2024

Good Friends

I love my friends who bring me fresh produce from their gardens.  A few weeks ago, I had a coworker bring me some squash.  This morning, it was another coworker bringing me sweet potatoes.  


I'll probably boil them down and mash them this weekend, then put them in the freezer for Thanksgiving or Christmas.  They will most likely end up in a pie -- made with Stevia instead of sugar, of course.  

Speaking of, I broke down and ordered a Diabetic cookbook from Amazon.  The real question will be if I can actually find the energy to make myself actually cook any of the recipes.  By the time I get home, all I want to do is sit.  I want something I can zap in the microwave.  Heck, even the air fryer is too much for me these days.   I'm hoping if I can start eating better, maybe I'll feel better. 

I also ordered a Christmas gift for Cody, one of the mini greenhouse seed starter things like I have.  He'd tried to grow some peppers from seed this year, and they didn't do well.  Maybe if he started them in a tray, they'll do better.  When they were here a couple of weeks ago, Brennan mentioned wanting a raised bed, but kind of wilted told her how much mine had cost.  I'm thinking I might get her one as her main gift from me.  If I do, I'll have it shipped directly to their house so they don't have to worry about finding room for it in their car. 

In knitting news, I was talking to a coworker yesterday and the subject of her granddaughter came up.  I had knit the baby some booties and a hat when she was first born.  Three years ago. I decided it's time that baby had a new hat.  I'd intended to buy some sport weight yarn at the store this afternoon, but since I didn't put yarn on my shopping list I completely forgot about it, so when I got home, I dove into the stash and came up with this yarn. 


But before I cast anything on, I remembered I had some sparkly yarn left.


I'll bet that baby will love a hot pink hat with sparkles in it.  

And finally, I thought I might drive out to the lake to watch the moon rise, but forgot about it until it was already too late.  I watched it from the back porch instead.  While I was out there, I tried to see the comet, but I guess it had faded too much.  Even with a long exposure on my phone, I could barely see the head of it, and the tail was all but invisible.  

That's it for Comet Atlas...at least for 80,000 years. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a hat to cast on. 

No comments: