Thursday, March 15, 2018

The Better Part

I'd been feeling down the last couple of days.  I'd attributed it to allergies, as one day, my eyes felt swollen and irritated.  However, I got up in the middle of the night last night to use the bathroom, and as I sat up on the side of my bed, the entire room turned sideways.  I had to lay back down for a moment, for the room to right itself. 

I made my deposit into the porcelain bank, and lay back down.  I rolled over, and the room rolled over with me.  I thought briefly that I ought to call in sick, but didn't.  I figured it would pass, so I got up and went to work as usual.  I kept expecting to feel better, but I felt worse as the day went on.  Every time I turned to pick up a part, the plant turned with me.  By 6:30, I'd already made 7 mad dashes to the bathroom, so I decided to take the better part of valor and come on home. 

I told Supervisor, "I've got to go", and by the time I made it to my car, I felt so bad I was crying.  If you know me at all, then that will tell you how very badly I felt.  I needed to get gas, but said it could wait.  I needed to go pay my house note, too, but said it could wait.  I needed to go to the store, but said it could wait until Monday. 

I came straight home and got into the bed.  About 3 hours and 47 trips to the bathroom later, I felt well enough to sit up and eat a bowl of oatmeal, some leftover chicken salad, and two Klondike bars.  I moved to the recliner and caught up on Survivor and NCIS.  I'm starting to feel a little bit better.  The mad dashes to the bathroom have tapered off, but I still feel weak and dizzy headed.  I signed up to work overtime tomorrow, but if I still feel lightheaded in the morning, I may just take that point and take another day off. 

On the bright side, my Whatever Cactus is blooming again.


It's an absolutely beautiful day outside -- warm, but not too hot, and sunshiney.  It'd be a great day to work out in the yard, if I weren't stuck inside being sick. 

On the other hand, if I weren't sick, I'd be at work, so I still wouldn't be able to enjoy the outside.




No comments: