Monday, January 08, 2018

Introverting Away

I survived my first week back at work.

And I survived the cold.  Barely, but I did survive.  I woke up yesterday morning, and as is my custom, I checked the temperature.  It said 33' and I said, "Glory be!"  It was the first time in a week that the low hasn't been in the teens or 20s.  We'll have a few days of relatively warm weather, then it'll be back into the low 20s/high teens by the weekend. 

I spent my chilly weekend working on my Introvert Activity book.  I had planned on using my multi-colored disposable fountain pens to do the activities.


However, I quickly discovered that the ink bled through the pages too much, so I bought some colored pencils,


and have been happily introverting away ever since.  This book is so much fun.  It's got writing prompts


and things to make


and charts to color and label.


It's even got a handy dandy progress chart to keep track of which activities you've done.


If you are an introvert like me, I highly recommend this book.  I haven't yet done any of the ones that require you to cut stuff up.  Try as I might, I can't bring my self to tear pages out of a book.  I'm gonna do it, though.  Before it's all over, I will cut up those pages. 

Deep breaths...

OK, moving right along.  I finished another red hat over the weekend as well.  This is just a simple hat with a rolled brim. 


I've already sent off the ones for this year.  What I'm knitting now will go in next year's shipment.  This makes two, so far.  I'm making three sizes.  The large hats have a 64 stitch cast on.  The small ones are a 56 stitch cast on, and I'm making a preemie size with a 48 stitch cast on.  They're all done with worsted weight yarn and size 7 needles. 

I might do a few more of these with the rolled brim.  It's a whole lot easier than ribbing. 


No comments: