Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween


I was trying to think of something witty and clever to post for tonight, but my brain has been scattered all day.  I thought if I looked through some old Halloween posts, I might find inspiration.

In reading those old posts, I'm astonished at how many times I told you that we don't do much for Halloween, because Cody is adamant we not celebrate it.  Almost every year, until he grew up and left home.


Then I'd show you a picture of my fake light- up Jack O' Lantern, and tell you that in the morning, I'd turn it around and it would do double duty as a plain pumpkin for my Thanksgiving decorations.


Then, I would end all the posts with my traditional Halloween prayer:


I'd thought I would do something different this year, but then I said, "Why mess with a good thing?"

So, here you go!

We don't do much around here for Halloween.  Cody is adamant we not celebrate it.  I did put out my fake light-up Jack O' Lantern, though.  In the morning, I will unplug it, turn it around and it will do double duty as a plain pumpkin in my Thanksgiving decorations.

And now, I will leave you with my traditional Halloween prayer:

From ghoulies and ghosties
And long legged beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
May the Good Lord deliver us!

No comments: