Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Almost Done!

With Cody's room, that is.

I finally broke down and ordered him some curtains for his bedroom.  They aren't exactly what I was looking for, but I figured they were the closest I'd ever get.


I was looking for solid green, but these have little diamonds woven into them.  Diamond shapes.  Not real diamonds.  You can't really see them, though, and I think this color works very will in that room.  It's just a shade darker than I really wanted, but they'll do.  Thanks, Cyndye, for the suggestion.

I was a bit disappointed in them, as the curtain making people seem to have a different definition of "room darkening" than I do.  This isn't that big a deal, because I was planning on getting light blocking shades anyway.  Especially on that window in the west facing wall.  Those blinds, and new curtain rods and his room will be done for now.  Right now,  I have to decide whether I want bear finials


or antlers.


Maybe one of each.  He does have two windows in there. 

My friend Kristine has opened an ETSY shop, Stormy Blue.  She sells candles, wax melts, lip balms and such like.  She mixes all her own scents, so they are like nothing you will find anywhere.


Her stuff smells so good.  This candle is the first thing I bought from her.  It is a very unique scent.



It's hard to describe a scent, but I'll try.  You know when you're outside trying to get your sheets off the line before the storm coming over the horizon arrives, and while you're struggling with the cotton flapping in the wind, lightning strikes?  You know that smell?  That's this candle. 

Do go check her shop out.  You won't be sorry.

I stayed up way too late last night watching how to lathe videos on YouTube.  This one guy, he made an entire bowl in less than 15 minutes.  Then I went and priced lathes.  You can buy them for not too expensive.  Well, it depends on what you want.  Since my lathing will just be a hobby, I'm not going to go for the $600+ industrial quality lathe.  I can get one for $200 - $300 for what I want. 

I've got one of the maintenance men from work coming out tomorrow to see if he can fix the electricity in my shed.  Then I'm going to start cleaning it up, so I can get a work bench and some cabinets in there. 

Still waiting on my name for the dishcloth swap...


No comments: