Friday, September 09, 2016

My Day Off

The first thing I did when my alarm went off this morning was to turn it off, and think, "Ha ha, I don't have to go to work today!" Then I rolled over and went back to sleep.  I woke up again around 7:30, and thought, "Ha ha, my coworkers are all at work, and I'm not."  I lay there a few more minutes, then said to myself, "Self, you don't want to spend your entire day off laying here in bed."  So, I got up and did stuff.

What stuff did I do?

Well, I took Rylea to the vet for her annual checkup and vaccinations.  She hasn't been acting herself lately, so I had the vet do a complete workup, including blood work and stuff.  The vet said that the heat can make her act a bit off, but I told her to do the blood work and stuff anyway.  She's getting old, and I wanted be sure there isn't anything wrong.  All her tests came back good, but the vet said she's a little dehydrated -- which can make her feel bad -- so really push the liquids.   Basically, she's just being a little drama queen.  Which she has been her whole life.  I'm telling ya, sometimes I jes' don' know 'bout that dog.

I brought her home, and I'm thinking, "How do you get dogs to drink more?  You can't just tell them to.  They don't understand that."  Then I remembered all that chicken broth I have in the freezer.  I thawed some out and have been giving it to her throughout the day.  And that, friends, is how you get a dog to drink more.

After Rylea's checkup, I went and did my little bit of grocery shopping.  I bought bananas, strawberries, grapes, peaches, and pears.

And ice cream and Ho-Hos.

Because that's just who I am.

I spent the rest of the day binge watching Star Trek:  The Next Generation episodes.  One of my friends was talking about an episode yesterday, and I had never seen it.  While I was looking for it, I realized that there were a lot of episodes of that show I hadn't seen.  I started over from the very beginning, Season 1 Episode 1 Encounter At Farpoint.

While watching, I finished both my hats.  This one was already written out, so it was easy.


But this one, I kind of made up the pattern myself (based on a stitch pattern I'd found online).  I'd knit it a couple of times before, but had never been satisfied with the way the decreases looked.  This time I tried something different, and it looks much better.


I just have to write it down before I forget.

Technically, I don't have to go to work tomorrow, because when you take a vacation day on Friday, you get Saturday off, too.  But I need the money, so I am.  Which means I'd better get to bed, because 2:45 still comes mighty early.

Goodnight.



No comments: