Thursday, December 18, 2014

I'm Free!!

I'm free!  Until January 5, that is.  We had to go in to work today for meetings.  Seems the law or something requires a certain amount of safety training, so they were doing it all in one day.  Plus we had a production meeting, and a communication meeting.

So, I sat there for 5 hours in hard, folding chairs with no arms.  By the time we got out, I was hurting from the top of my head to the bottom of my booty.  But I've got 2 1/2 weeks to recover. 

At the end of the series of meetings, the Director of Operations announced that he had put together care packages for all of us.  And behold, the aforementioned care package:


Inside, it had food. 


Two cans of chili, mashed potato flakes, peanut butter and jelly, a can of tuna


beans, rice, and summer sausage.  Taped to the top was a $20 gas card.  And it all came in a handy plastic box that will be perfect for storing yarn! 

Speaking of yarn, I warped the loom for the last Christmas present, only to discover to my dismay that the hanks of Supersocke are 30 yards shorter than the hanks of Sockittome Select.  If I'd known that, I'd have looked harder for the longer hanks.  Well, it doesn't really matter that much.  The scarf will still be long enough. 

More good news, the present I ordered for my sister arrived today!  Now I'm trying to get my act together enough to get it ready to mail tomorrow.  Wish me luck with that. 

Since the box it came in was too big for my mailbox, the mail carrier put took it to Beverly's house.  When I went over there to get it, Beverly said, "I have something for you.  A treasure."   

My aunt used to do ceramics.  I mean, she really got into it.  He had her own kiln and everything.  Sometimes I used to help her with them.   Up until she got too old to fool with them anymore, she made one of these little ceramic stockings for every member of the family. 


We're not sure why she misspelled Russell and Scott's names, but there they are.  I'm not going to correct them.  That's the way Auntie spelled them, and that's the way they'll stay. 

Here is mine:


And here is my daddy's. 


She painted those names on with a very thin paintbrush, not a marker.  I'm going to send my sibs theirs, but I'm going to be selfish and keep my dad's.  And Cody's, of course. 

They truly are a treasure.

No comments: