Thursday, May 08, 2014

Avengers and Toads

Have you ever seen the movie The Avengers?  If you haven't, you really should.  But first, you would need to see Thor, Iron Man, The Hulk, and Captain America.  All of them well worth watching.

Anyway, in The Avengers, there is this scene in which The Avengers have Loki on an airplane. Thor breaks through a portal in the space/time continuum and gets Loki from the plane to take him back to Asgard for judgement.  Iron Man suits up and goes after them, to get Loki back from Thor.  Captain America also suits up and puts on a parachute to follow them.

At this point, Black Widow tries to warn Captain America off.  "These guys are the stuff of legend.  They're practically gods," she says. 

"There's only one God, Ma'am," Captain America replies, "and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."

There is only one God, and today he extended unto me a measure of grace in that the total mayhem that typically accompanies Thor's Day did not in fact descend upon the plant.  It was hot and busy, but not frantic and frustrating.  For that, I am very grateful. 

Now, on to more mundane news.  You know your life is on the dull side when you get excited over grapefruit spoons.  


 I like to eat grapefruit, but didn't have any grapefruit spoons, which made it a bit difficult.  I'd been looking around town, but hadn't seen any.  When I ordered my Digestive Advantage from Amazon, I threw this set into the cart with it.  Now, I can eat grapefruit without having to take a shower afterwards.  Yay. 

I also bought this movie. 


I was so excited when Netflix put it on streaming, but after watching it Easter Sunday, I discovered that they'd cut nearly two hours of footage out of it.  I have it on VHS, but since my VHS player pooped out a couple of years ago, I haven't been able to watch it.  Now, I can, though probably not in one sitting.  It is a 6 hour movie after all. 

More excitement.  While deadheading and picking damaged leaves off of plants this afternoon, I discovered a little toad has made his abode in my flower bed.


He's actually a pretty good sized toad, and I hope he stays there.   Toads eat slugs, which are what's doing so much damage to my plants.  I have an old snake cave that I'm going to put out there to give him some shelter.  That might induce him to stay. 

Speaking of plants, I got a surprise on my petunia. 


Apparently, there were two different petunia plants in that pot.  I think it's going to be pretty when it gets all grown and stuff. 

That's part of the fun of gardening.  You don't always know what you're going to get. 

No comments: